Tuesday, December 30, 2008

god, you rock!


Today, I finally managed to make it to a crystal shop that I'd been wanting to check out for quite a while. I was supposed to have met up with Mike, a friend of a friend who ran another store at the same shopping centre, who would then introduce me to the crystal shop owners so that they would, hopefully, give me a better price for the pieces I would buy.

But of course nothing worked out as planned.

Mike's shop wasn't yet open when I got there at 11.40am, although I'd been told that it would be open at 11. I tried calling Mike on his cellphone, but there was no response. So I decided to take a chance and wander around the mall, which I hadn't been to before, and look for the crystal shop myself.

I'd been told by those who have been to it that the owners tend to be erratic with their operating hours, so I braced myself in case it was closed too.

It was open.

I wandered in with the idea of checking out the clear quartz crystal spheres that the shop carried, although I wasn't really looking to buy anything in particular.

Of course I ended up picking up a few things. And I got to meet Henry, a nice young man who helped out at the shop on a voluntary basis. We were chatting about crystals when a shelf full of large, free-form carnelians caught my eye.

I walked to the shelf and picked up a piece that had attracted my attention, still talking to Henry. Then he suddenly excused himself and left me alone to browse while he went to assist the owners in another part of the shop.

I was admiring the piece of carnelian that I'd picked up when I saw another, much larger and unusual-shaped piece. I carefully replaced the first piece and picked up the second. Before I could examine it properly, a third piece of carnelian on that shelf, which I hadn't noticed before, began to rock from side to side.

Startled, I thought that I must have accidentally brushed it with my hand while picking up the large piece, although I could have sworn that I hadn't touched anything other than the pieces that I had picked up, as I had been very careful.

Without thinking, I said aloud: "Why are you rocking when I didn't touch you?"

It stopped, and I picked it up to look at it. It was quite lovely, although its quiet beauty had to be noticed to be appreciated.

Somehow, I again got distracted by the first two pieces that I had seen earlier. So I very carefully returned that third piece to its place on the shelf and picked up the other two again.

Guess what. That third piece rocked again.

At that point, I decided that if it wanted to come home with me, who was I to argue?

So I mentally said goodbye to those other two pieces and returned them to the shelf. Then I picked up Rock Star and brought it to the cashier together with the
other crystals I had selected and paid for them.

When I got home, I put Rock Star on my dining table and gently pushed it to see if it would rock. It rocked slightly, perhaps three or four times, before steadying and stopping. I tried it again; a little harder this time. And again it rocked ... four, five times.

At the shop, it had rocked gently like a rocking chair.

I read up on carnelians, and discovered that one of the stone's spiritual properties is that it assists in taking action to manifest one's highest goals and dreams. Especially for people like me, who lean in the direction of spirituality and do their inner work from the heart chakra up, the carnelian aids in awakening the vital energies of the three lower chakras, increasing zest for living and the willingness to take the risks inherent in strong actions.

In other words, Rock Star has come into my life to rock my world, so that I can achieve my soul's desire and truly walk my life path.

What can I say? God, You rock!




Rock Star's front




Rock Star's back ... do you see what I see?



No comments: