Thursday, August 7, 2008

light a candle


Tonight, at 9pm, millions of people around the world will unite in lighting a candle for Tibet from wherever they are.

Like many others, I feel for the people of Tibet -- just as I feel for all people who are repressed or persecuted for their beliefs and their way of life.

I hope this worldwide movement isn't going to become just another political rally; a means by which some will take to promote and propel their own selfish causes.

I will be lighting a candle tonight. But I will be lighting it prayerfully, with love and hope in my heart.

The candle that I light tonight will represent, for me, the hope for peace in the world.

It will be my prayer to God and the universe that people will learn and realise that we really are all the same despite our language, colour and religious beliefs.

The light that I start in my home tonight will represent, to me, the light of God, which is freely given to one and all.

May my single candlelight join other like-minded people's tonight in spreading God's light of love, peace and truth to the world.


No comments: